NEW HOME LABORER
Prepare sites for various construction tasks and assist with those in progress. Keep jobsites safe and clean.
Perform tasks as assigned by superintendent. May include excavation, demolition, carrying supplies and materials, setting up and breaking down workstations and scaffolding, minor carpentry, tool maintenance, punch list tasks, assisting trade contractors, etc.
Report any problems, damage, hazardous conditions, and oversights to superintendent.
Keep jobsites clean. Make sure debris is contained in proper Dumpsters. Do exterior pick-up and interior sweeping/tidying once a day (or more often, as directed by superintendent).
Help superintendent receive material deliveries. Unload trucks and stack and store materials. Protect lumber and other large materials from exposure to weather.
De-ice, shovel snow, and supply heat to homes under construction in winter.
Install and remove temporary sidewalks and stairwell railings.
Make sure excavated areas, trenches, and holes are marked for safety.
Keep model homes tidy. Make repairs as necessary.
• Prior experience helpful but not required
• Work independently as well as part of a team
• Good attention to detail with ability to recognize discrepancies
• Ability to get to and from job site on a daily basis
• Must have own cell phone to use for work
• Ability to understand and execute written and oral instructions
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and the general public
• Authorized to work in the US for any employer, and be able to pass a background check and pre-employment drug test.